Your bedroom is your sanctuary so you want it to be delightful and inviting. Here are 10 great ideas to inspire you to create the bedroom of your dreams.
1. Using Accents In Your Bedroom – The most delightful accent is to make generous use of decorative pillows. Pile your bed high with them using a variety of sizes and styles, colors and patterns. Layered pillows give a lush feel to any bedroom. Candles serve a dual purpose as an accent item. They can add a splash of color and they can give a wonderful mood altering scent. The scent of your bedroom really is quite important, so the judicious use of potpourri can be the perfect finishing touch.
2. A Lovely Idea For A Little Girl's Room – Bring wonder and enchantment to your little girl's room by using specialty lighting. A small decorative chandelier is quite affordable. Your little princess will be filled with joy as she gazes into the sparkling light.
3. An Interesting Use Of Neutrals – Decorate your bedroom with neutrals and you can constantly achieve a fresh look. There are many items within a bedroom that you can adapt with each season. Change your comforter, pillows and pictures to easily achieve new looks and color schemes on a regular basis.
4. A Fun Idea In Place Of A Picture – Personalizing your decor is what will make your bedroom unique. Instead of a picture, gather small moments around a theme and display them in a shadow box. (A shadow box is simply a picture frame with depth.) As a theme, you could use items from all those music lessons you took as a child, or maybe keepsakes from the first dates with your husband – like ticket stubs and the cupie doll He won for you. You will feel the warmth of memories every time you see it.
5. Making The Most Of Your Bedroom Space – To create more space, your first consideration is color. Use cool light colors – whites, blues and greens to make the walls apparently recede. Another trick to help your space look larger is to paint the moldings to match the walls. Be very aware of the scale of your furniture. A small bedroom is simply not the place for a king-sized bed. Keep things clutter free and you'll make the most of your livable space.
6. Pull Together A Theme – For a different look, try to replicate a Hawaiian or tropical vacation you've enjoyed. Start with a bamboo headboard and plan on an island color scheme with bold prints. You can use plenty of plants to recreate the lush outdoors. Stick with natural fabrics and add a quality potpourri to remind you of your heaven on earth. A final touch would be naturally woven wood blinds. You will amaze yourself with the atmosphere you can create.
7. Using Bedding To Help Design – There are amazing colors and prints available for bedding. A decorating trick is to use your bedding to dictate your color scheme. Go for the most plush borrowers and highest thread count sheets. You want your bedroom to be so inviting and desirable to you, that it beckons you every evening.
8. Contemporary Bedroom Design Ideas – To accomplish the popular contemporary design, try neutrals with nice accent colors, such as a muted navy. The idea is to stay crisp and clean. Florals do not belong in this look. Go for a minimum of clutter and you'll be well on your way.
9. Guest Bedroom Essentials – Part of offering great hospitality is to make your guest bedroom feel completely welcoming. On the night stand, have a spate of new magazines along with a water glass and a decorative bowl filled with candy. Your guests may be more cold-natured than you, so include an extra blanket on the bed. Finally, use high quality pillows and sheets to let them know that their comfort is paramount.
10. Creating A Romantic Bedroom – There is nothing like delightful as a bedroom that invites romance. Have soft lighting available and think plush – with lots of pillows and fabrics to give tactile pleasures. An excellent sound system with speakers discreetly tucked around the room will envelope you with mood-setting music. Use colors on the softer side which appeal to you personally. Try soft pinks or light greens – whiche color pleases you. The idea is surrounding yourself with luxury to create the perfect romantic retreat.