There are many home appliances in the market nowadays which help to make the food quickly and easily, and slow cooker is one such home appliance. It helps in making the food slowly in order to make the food delicious and relish the food by the family members as well. It is a counter top electrical cooking appliance which maintains a relatively low temperature compared to other cooking methods like baking, boiling or frying for many hours in order to allow uncooked food to get cooked.
But before buying one, you have to look for different features that help in the making the food easier and better. They help in making the food delicious. The 9 tips which would help you in buying the best one are as follows:
- Choose the correct size: Always choose a cooker that is according to the usage and the quantity of the food to be prepared on day-to-day basis. The size of a cooker can be range from a small to a bigger cooker. It is always important to notice that large ones cook a small amount of food very quickly but if you think that the food that you cook on daily basis can be cooked in one.
- Removable insert: Always go for a slow cooker, which has a removable insert that is essential for easier cleaning of the appliance. With this feature one can just remove the insert and wash it so that other components of the cooker do not get damaged.
- Heat settings: Usually slow cookers have a low and high setting but some of the models also have a keep warm setting. In a family there are people of every age group and people prefer eating food according to their specified timings. So some of them even have the feature of warm setting that helps in keeping the food warm until a specified period of time.
- Additional features: Slow cookers are now a days far more than a single appliance. They can also be used for baking, cooking rice and even for roasting the dishes.
- Removable liner: one should always go for a slow cooker which has a removable liner in it so that it is easier to serve and store the cooked food.
- Glass lid: Always opt for a slow cooker, which has a glass lid so that it becomes more durable as plastic lids crack down very easily. A glass lid tends to fit over the cooker very easily and helps in making the food softer and better.
- Shape: oval shaped cookers are better for cooking non vegetarian food and deep cookers are great for cooking stews and food, so choose a slow cooker that’s is according to your personal need as they help in making the food delicious and better in taste.
- Top rim: Before buying one, it should always have this feature as the cooker should have a top rim which is at least one inch wide and slanted down towards the middle of the cooker so that bubbling juices and steam flow back into the pot.
- Warm: Look for the slow cooker models that come with auto setting that turns to a lower “keep warm” temperature after cooking is complete.