Acne holes are pits, craters or scars left over by the acne. While acne generally does not cause any scars, it is our irresistible temptation to pick or squeeze the pimples with our infected nails that does the damage. The situation can, thankfully, be redeemed by taking the following steps and you can get back your silky smooth skin once again.
1. Wash your face every night before you go to bed. Use exfoliating scrub when you take the bath. It will remove the top layers of your skin and help your skin cells to regenerate. You should also use toner and moisturizers after the bath. Your acne holes will gradually vanish.
2. Do not expose your skin to sun as it may further damage your acne holes. Always use broad spectrum sunscreen especially when going out in the sun as its rays may weaken your skin’s ability to heal fast.
3. Use bleaching cream on your black looking acne holes. It will lighten their black colour and they will look like the skin around them.
4. Sometimes, simple home remedies work wonders. Dry the orange peel and grind into a paste by using a few drops of water. Apply this paste on the acne affected areas. Allow the paste to stay for some time before you wash it away. You may also try cucumber juice on your face. It is very likely to remove pigmentation marks and pimples.
5. If these home remedies do not work, it is better to consult a dermatologist about retinoid creams. They have vitamin A, which helps the skin to generate new cells. They replace the older damaged cells and repair the skin fast.
6. The dermatologist may apply chemical peels on the acne holes. The chemical peels burn away the top layer of the skin. When the burnt layer heals up, you get new skin without any holes.
7. You may also consider going for laser therapy, which burns away the upper layer of the damaged skin and the new skin appears once again. Laser therapy is rather an expensive and painful treatment.