When doing any home improvement projects yourself, it is important to have the right tools. Yes, most projects can be completed with basic hand tools but there are several power tools that will save you time, make the job much easier, and produce better results.
Because many of these power tools are expensive to purchase and won’t be used after the big job is completed, it is best to look into equipment rentals at your local hardware store. Most tools are rented by the hour or the day and are well worth the cost. The following tools are just some of the equipment that can be rented.
* Nail guns – Nail guns are helpful in many different projects. Many people consider a nail gun essential when framing a house or room. A nail gun can also helpful when doing trim work such as base boards, molding, wainscoting, chair rails, etc. You can also get nail guns made specifically for concrete. When renting your nail gun, make sure you get the appropriate gun for the job and don’t forget the air compressor to run the gun.
* Hammer Drills – Some projects may require you to drill into deeply into concrete and because this isn’t the kind of project you do every day it would be smart to rent a hammer drill.
* Saws – Many kinds of saws can also be rented. If working on trim you may need a compound miter saw that easily cuts material at precise angles. A reciprocating saw can help when doing demolition or other various home projects. Other kinds of saws are also available.
* Tile Cutters – If you are tiling a bathroom, kitchen, or any other space in your home a tile cutter is essential. A tile cutter will cut each tile precisely and quickly and can be rented as well.
* Cement Mixers – Many landscaping projects require large amounts of cement to be mixed and if your project requires even a remotely large amount of cement, you will want to rent a cement mixer.
* Tillers – A tiller can also help with big landscaping projects by breaking and mixing up the ground with its forward moving rotating blades.
* Soil Aerators – You can rent a soil aerator run it over your lawn allowing air and water to penetrate the root zone of your grass. Doing this once or twice a year will promote healthy growth.
* Power Washers – It is important to wash the exterior of your house before you paint it. This can be done with a power washer which can be found in the equipment rental section of your hardware store.
* Power rollers and paint sprayers – Many people find painting tedious and frustrating but these feeling can be eased if you rent a power roller or paint sprayer.
Power rollers and paint sprayers speed up the process and spread paint more evenly with less work. These are just a few of the tools that can help you. If you have a big project, look into equipment rentals to make your job quicker and easier.