When the 2010 AutocheX Premier Achiever Awards for outstanding customer service were handed out earlier this year, the spotlight was placed on auto body shops. A third-party company that specializes in tracking customer service levels for auto body shops across the continent, AutocheX measured the customer service satisfaction ratings of approximately 9,000 auto body repair shops across the country.
Held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas on October 12, 2010, the awards ceremony “honored collision repair facilities that have achieved exceptional customer satisfaction ratings” and that “use the AutocheX service for customer satisfaction.”
From the new customer’s perspective, having such a recognition associated with the auto body shop s/he is entrusting her/his vehicle with provides some peace of mind of course, but it’s not essential. Many shops that don’t take part in the ranking service provide superior customer service as well. And all it takes is a little investigative work on the part of the consumer to uncover whether a particular shop is going to meet and even exceed expectations.
Here are some clues to watch out for that indicate an auto body shop makes customer satisfaction a top priority.
- Does your auto body shop partner with a leading rental car company to swiftly get you into a backup vehicle while your automobile is being repaired?
- Does your shop have an industry leading warranty? Selecting a collision repair service that possesses one is probably the most important thing you can keep in mind when it comes to vehicle repair.
- Does your shop guide you through the entire repair process? You shouldn’t have to babysit your repair service professionals to ensure the job is done to your specifications. You want a repair shop that’s offers you the peace of mind of knowing that you can just hand over your keys and trust that the pros will take care of everything else. The best way to find such a body shop is through local word of mouth. A quality auto body shop’s reputation always precedes it.
- Does your shop hold certification from a reputable outside source that raises the quality, safety and efficiency of auto collision repair for the ultimate benefit of you, the consumer? AutocheX is just one. I-Car is another, and it’s the highest in the industry. An international not-for-profit organization, I-Car gathers information about collision repair from the major manufacturers, from collision businesses across the country, from insurance companies, and from makers and suppliers of tools, equipment and materials used to repair vehicles.
- Does your shop make it a mission every day to get you back on the road quickly and with the confidence that your vehicle has been restored to your complete satisfaction?
- Is your auto body shop staffed with a team of certified auto body repair technicians?
- Does your auto body repair shop pledge to use only original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts and certified alternative components and swear of knock-offs or cheap imitations?