We all love the smell and feel of natural beeswax candles. But paraffin candles are so much cheaper. Why spend the extra money on beeswax candles?
Paraffin wax is made from petroleum sludge at the bottom of oil refinery barrels. When it burns it emits nasty black smoke that stains your walls and ceiling. But did you know that burning paraffin creates the same pollution as a diesel engine? That diesel exhaust with all its carcinogens does not just stain your walls and ceiling; it gets into your lungs, too.
Most paraffin candles use cheap wicks that contain lead and other heavy metals. These also go up in flames, and into your lungs. High quality beeswax candles will use cotton wicks.
The EPA has said that indoor air pollution is often far greater than outdoor pollution. With so many pollutants in our environment that we can not control, why add to our chemical overload if we do not have to?
Natural beeswax candles are the healthful alternative to paraffin. Instead of creating indoor air pollution, beeswax candles emit beneficial negative ions that actually clean the air around them as they burn!
When kept out of drafts, beeswax candles burn about three-times longer than simply-sized paraffin candles, and with a brighter flame. A small beeswax votive candle can have a fifteen-hour burnttime!
Beeswax is a natural by-product of honey production. Even when they're not burning they smell wonderful, like honey. Beeswax candles are not made from foreign oil and their manufacture does not add to environmental pollution.
For all these reasons, natural beeswax votives, tea lights and pillows are the ultimate candles for aromatherapy oil warmers and general home use.