When you are tired of wearing warm socks and slippers around the house all day to keep you warm, you start to think about getting some carpeting. There are countless number of different materials you can choose from, some have synthetic fibers some are natural. Cotton rugs are as natural as it gets. Most cotton rugs that are sold in stores and online are made in India or China. They are very eco-friendly and are usually dyed with organic dyes and there are no chemicals used in the process of making them. Here is why you should prefer them:
- Cotton is the most environmentally friendly and totally natural material. Using cotton rugs is another step towards protecting our planet.
- These rugs are good for people who have allergies to wool or synthetic carpets. Also cotton does not trigger any allergies to different chemicals like some other materials do.
- It feels nice to walk on it barefoot or sit down around the fireplace on a cold winter night. Sometimes cotton is mixed with wool to make the rug softer and you feet feeling nicer.
- Cotton rugs are very easy to clean. You can just put it in your washer with other clothes and dry it at a low temperature to prevent shrinking. If there is a tag on the rug, clean it according to the instructions on the tag.
- These carpets come in many different styles and most of them are very colorful. They look especially good in kids rooms.
- Rugs that are made of cotton are one of the most affordable carpets. You can even make them yourself of old t-shirts or sweatpants.