X-Rays offer valuable insight into your dental health, giving your dentist the ability to accurately pinpoint and treat the root cause of toothaches and pains, as well as detect problems before they become more serious. They can help your dentist find cavities in your teeth, determine whether or not certain teeth are affected, view the alignment of the jawbone in order to combat TMJ symptoms, and more. Having X-Rays taken should be a regular part of your visit to the dentist's office, but if you're still relying on conventional X-Rays rather than digital radiography, you may be missing out! Here are five reasons why digital X-Rays are the wave of the future:
1) If you're concerned about the amount of radiation that you may be exposed to during a conventional X-Ray session, you'll be pleased to learn that digital radiography reduces the amount of radiation by more than 80 percent!
2) While the traditional X-Ray process evolves developing film, digital X-Rays can provide you with instant results, since there is no film to develop. Instead, the images can be viewed directly on a computer screen within seconds.
3) Digital X-Rays are easy to send and share. Within moments of their creation, these images can be emailed anywhere in the world. This makes it possible to have your X-Rays forwarded immediately to a specialist or surgeon, or switch dentists without the hassle of having to pick up your files in person.
4) With traditional X-Rays, little could be done to enhance the quality of the image after the film had been developed. But with digital X-Rays, you or your dentist can zoom in, crop, adjust the color or contrast, and generally enhance the image for clarity, making it easier to effectively examine the images.
5) Finally, digital radiography is better for the environment, since no toxic chemicals are needed to develop or process the film.