When we buy something, we must ensure that it serves our purpose and is worth our money. We have these long lists of considerations: is it sturdy, is it of good quality, is it worth my money, it will work on different conditions and the list goes on. Buying a laminating machine is of course not an exception to our tinkering. We want to make it sure that we only choose the best there is and that the documents we will be laminating will be properly done and that the documents will be safe in the said product. Below is a short list of the things we might want to consider when buying a laminator:
· Size. Of course we do not want those bulky ones. We do not use laminators every waking moment in our lives but when we use it we want to make it sure that it may be small it serves its purpose well. We should check what type and size of paper it can feed. Whether it can feed on tabloid size papers, 8 1/2 "x 11" papers, 13 "width paper, glossy photo paper and so on and so forth.
· Time. We should check how long it will take for a laminator to actually laminate a document. One to three minutes, depending on the document type, is the ideal lamination time.
· Indicator. All laminators have an indicator but we should check what it indicates. Does it indicate the warm up time of the machine? Does it tell the laminating temperature? Does is show when the laminating pouches have jammed? Does it prompt us when to start feeding the pouches?
· Recommended use. Check whether said equipment is recommended for household or office use. Whether it is safe to use around children since some laminators are hot and may burn unsuspecting kids while you are working.
· Additional features. We never fail to ask why this varies from that. Some laminators are automatically shut off. Some have paper trays to catch the laminated products. Some have handles for portability. Some cools before it takes another laminating job. Some have switches to release jammed documents.
Before buying one, think over these considerations. We all want our money's worth and we all want to use the said laminator efficiently and maximize its use. We just do not go barging in a store pick up the latest model without bothering to look at its specifications. Just like any other stuff that we buy, we must put our mind when choosing a laminator. After all we will use it in securing and preserving important documents and treasured photos and memorabilia. We do not want this tampered with by making the wrong option. We do not want this soiled in the process of preserving it. So what better way to choose a laminator is taking in these useful considerations and you are on your way in laminating all those heaping documents and photos!