Although Google Chrome is one of the most popular and also advanced Internet Browsers that is available today, it does not come without some drawbacks. Because Google Chrome is such a highly sophisticated developed piece of software, which has been designed to make your Internet browsing experience the best and nothing else, the problems that come with it are sophisticated as well. Users of Chrome have reported various errors and issues with the browser, such as Crashing, Stalling, Error messages. Other users have claimed that they have had issues with Flash Player not functioning properly, this leaves many people stranded and unable to view certain web pages. All of this evidence put forward Google Chrome's issues has been led to believe that the browser is easily susceptible to damage and corruption.
Many of the reasons why users have encountered these sort of problems while using the browser are things such as:
- Vital Chrome files have been badly damaged and corrupted
- Many files have been deleted or misplaced
- Windows settings have been changed
- Parts of the registry have become damaged or corrupt
In order to fix the issues that many of you are seeing, you should follow these simple steps that are outlined below.
- The first thing you should do is to restart your computer, it could be that your computer has just encountered a slight glitch that is causing Google Chrome to continue crash and display various error messages. If this is the first time you have encountered this then restarting your computer to refresh the settings. If you continue to experience this then proceed to step 2.
- If you continue to experience issues with Google Chrome then it is recommended that you re-install the Google Chrome application. In doing so you are allowing your computer to read the files better, and also repair any damaged or corrupt settings that may have been causing the issues. To do this, follow these steps: Click "Start> Control Panel> Add / Remove Programs" Locate "Google Chrome" Click UNINSTALL next to it When the application loads, select "REMOVE" (not repair) Follow the uninstall process Restart your PC .
- Step 3 is to remove any add-ons and plugins. Add-ons and plugins are a great way for people to customize their Internet browsing that will benefit them, however many of these add-ons and plugins can cause Google Chrome to crash. To remove any add-ons and plugins follow these steps: Open up Google Chrome. In the address bar type chrome: // extensions. Click Uninstall, or Click Disable if you think you may use the addon in the future. Restart your browser.
- The next step is to carry out a scan of your registry. This step is extremely important as many vital files that are needed for Chrome are kept in this delicate database, which is easily susceptible to damage and corruption. The registry is not just for storing important files for Chrome, it houses many different important files that are needed by other applications. Often your computer will try to read files that are located inside the registry however sometimes it can not do this because it is confused, so leading to the corruption of many files.