We have all heard the stories of people being massively ripped by tradesman that over charge for a job or carry out the wrong job because it brings the more money. Well make sure you will not be one of these people and hire the right painter.
1. Get at least three estimates from three different painters in Oxford. When you meet with the Oxford decorating representative let them know they're not the only decorator in Oxford you have contacted for your job. By letting the Oxford decorator know there's competition for the job it will mean they will be more willing to negotiate on their price.
2. Whoever you chose make it clear to them that you will only pay them once a week (Thursday or Friday) for the work done. Some Oxford painters try to use customers as their own personal cash machine. Remember it comes out your pocket once a week (Thursday or Friday) and that is it.
3. Purchase all the supplies needed for the job yourself and you will save money. You or a family member can accompany the painters to pick up supplies. This will mean that the Oxford decorating company can not up sell the products they buy, for example they buy a tin of paint for £ 15 and then charge you £ 25 for it. Just ask the decorators for their list of supplies needed for the job.
4. Set clear deadlines for the job. Placing penalties and bonuses in dealing with the company give you another tool to use to make a fair contract. If you do not set clear deadlines it tends to lead to the Oxford decorator taking longer than they should complete the job as you are not being strict with them.
5. Put everything in writing this way Everyone knows what is expected of them. There are a lot of great Oxford painting companies to choose from. Most Oxford painters will be more than happy to draw up a contract, any that does not wish to shows a clear sign they are not a reputable Oxford decorating business.