When the task of having to write a professional and formal business plan arises, sometimes entrepreneurs do not have the necessary experience with writing such a plan, do not feel comfortable doing the plan, or they just do not have the time to complete one. Since a business plan is such a key component in the process of starting up a company, sometimes entrepreneurs outsource this task to a professional business consultant or writer. Although this can add to costs, it is much better to have a proper and professional plan completed. However, it can be a very daunting task to hire the proper individual to write your plan, so below is a check list of qualifications you should look for when hiring a plan writer:
• Look for an individual with extensive experience in writing business plans.
• Ensure you get references from the individual's past employers so you can contact them and ask about the individual's work ethics, talent, and success.
• Ensure you receive a portfolio from the writer on their past business plans written so you can see their work potential.
• Ensure the writer has an education with a business related field such as marketing, finance, or management.
• Obviously request a resume from the writer and even if they do not have a portfolio, you can contact past employers and ask about the business plan writer's work habits and work ethics.
• You should be expected to pay a certain percent deposit as an upfront payment; but never pay the full amount upfront.
• Always ensure you have a legal contract signed by both parties before starting any work with the writer or service as well so that the writer will not steal any ideas or facts from you.
Outsourcing the task of writing your plan to an external source can be a very successful idea as long as you clearly communicate your goals, ideas, and objectives to the business writer and they understand what you're looking for. It's best to look for a business plan writer with the most experience in writing business plans, and always be sure to see their past work so you know what they are capable of producing for you.
You make the When Decision to hire an external business plan writer , you have to Ensure you do the proper preliminary [ background checks before you hire anyone. There are many writers out there and there are actually less "good" writers than there are "bad" according to others who have outsourced their plan. The key is to do all your proper background checks and you'll quickly learn about the business writer, what they are capable of, what their past employers think of them, and whether or not they can give you what you are looking for.