Different kinds of mold removal products are available in the market for the elimination of those ugly mold stains and even that familiar but nasty odor in your home. Mold, which is a type of fungi that loves warm and damp places, can be found in those areas that have these characteristics, such as the laundry room, based, closet, attic, kitchen, bathroom and shower. Mold colonies have a tendency to form on organic surfaces like leather, natural fibers, wood, paper and surfaces that often have a film of organic matter. Thus, before going out to purchase mold removal products, you may need to take note of the kinds of surfaces that you have in your home and the kinds of materials used to ensure that the cleaner chosen is compatible with them.
Moreover, you may also want to read reviews online for certain mold removal products. And before you go out to purchase a commercial mold and mildew remover, you may want to check if you have household products like vinegar, bleach, baking soda or hydrogen peroxide at your disposal. These materials can also be used for getting rid of mold. Distilled white vinegar is a relatively safe chemical to use. It is placed inside a spray bottle and it is sprayed onto the affected areas. You leave the vinegar on the surface for about an hour and then wipe it off with water. Another household product that can be used for mould removal is hydrogen peroxide. It is also a relatively safe chemical to use because it does not give out toxic fumes. It is also sprayed onto the surface like vinegar.
Meanwhile, commercial products for mold and mildew removal are often sold in spray bottles for the convenience of the user. Some of them have the unique capability of completely surrounding the spores so that they are unable to get into contact with water and food sources and will therefore die. The spores will also be unable to stick to the surfaces. Then after performing these particular tasks, these chemicals usually remain as shields to protect against the return of the molds.
The next step to take after using mold removal products is to prevent the regrowth of mold colonies. If there are leaks in some of the water pipes or cracks in the insulation, ceilings, walls and other places of the home, moisture could get in and provide a favorable environment for the rapid growth of molds. It is also necessary to make sure that the relative humidity inside the home falls within the 30 to 50 percent range. If the humidity is too high, mold colonies find it easier to grow. Thus, it would be advisable to get a dehumidifier or to ensure that the air conditioner can bring down the humidity to within that range. You can also use exhaust fans to minimize the humidity in bathrooms and kitchens. You only need to make sure that the air from these places do not accumulate in the attic but go directly to the outside.