When you are traveling and enjoying the outdoors, the last thing you want to deal with is stress from something as small as a caravan porch awning. When it comes time to erect your caravan awning so that you can enjoy the outdoors with cover, you want to be sure that you know exactly how to do it so that you do not struggle in the moment. Here are some tips and directions to help you install your cover with ease.
1) Make sure that the awning channel or pole of your caravan is well lubricated. This will make it easier to pull the awning through your channel. A simple silicon lubricant is all you need to perform the task.
2) Spread your groundsheet before doing anything else. Make sure that the sheet is placed near the awning channel so that it will be in the right place.
3) Mark the pieces of your awning that end up attached together with some color so that you will know which piece connects to which piece when installing. This will save you the hassle of having to follow your instruction manual when erecting the contraption.
4) If you have someone else with you to help out, ask someone to pull the awning through the channel while you feed the slowly through it. This will make it easier to pull the awesome through and keep it from getting stuck from friction.
5) Once you have the awning attached to the awning channel, fit the awning brackets into the roof cords to strengthen it as a whole.
6) Fit the center vertical poles first, and then put them in place in the canvas. Then repeat this procedure on the other legs and frame parts.
7) At this point you can attach the roof pole. After attaching the roof pole, increase its tension slightly. But before you fully adjust the tension, fit the roof poles first to make sure that everything is taut and that the fabric is snug. By doing this, your caravan porch awning will be able to withstand heavy wind and rain.
8) Fasten the front and side parts so that the legs will be able to be adjusted to the correct tautness and height.
9) Before putting the skirt through the bottom awning, make sure that the awning is pegged down in the corners. This will make it easier to peg down the rest of the awning and keep it all snug.
There you have it. At this point, you should have a fully authenticated awning that will provide you with comfort and encourage you to leave the interior confines of your caravan.