There are so many things that you need to take into consideration when doing article marketing. But one of the most important is the selection of topics. This is crucial because the success of each of your articles will depend on the attractiveness and usefulness of the subjects that you choose to discuss. If your readers were not impressed with your topic or if they’re not convinced that they’re going to benefit from it, you can be assured that they’ll ignore your articles all together. This is something that you need to avoid at all cost. Here’s how you can make that happen:
1. Know the needs and demands of your target audience. There’s no better way to do this than knowing what your target audience are looking for each time they open Google. So, start the process by launching Google’s keyword suggestion tool and searching for your niche. Right after you hit that enter button, you’ll get the list of popular keywords that were searched for by your prospects for the last couple of weeks. These will surely give you an idea on what information they’re looking for. Based on my experience, the following are the all-time favorite topics of online users:
* The problems that they’re going through
* Their most frequent questions
* Their areas of interest/hobbies
These people are looking for articles that contain solutions, answers, how-to guides, and expert advice. Give them what they want and they’ll surely return the favor by reading your articles and later on, visiting your website.
2. Ensure that your topics are related to what you sell. Sure, you can write anything under the sun but if you want to attract only those people who are most likely to buy from you, you should focus on those topics that are related to your products and services. You don’t want to write a do-it-yourself guide on how to set up a sunshade if you’re selling sneakers, right? Sticking with topics related to your niche is pretty important as these will help you showcase your in-depth knowledge which is a pre-requisite to earning your readers’ trust.
3. Check out relevant RSS feeds to know the latest issues related to your niche. Always start your day by checking out authority sites to know the latest issues in your niche. For example, a couple of months back, Google announced the Panda update and it was a huge thing for those people who are doing article marketing. People who were first to write about this topic got all the attention. You would want the same thing to happen to you as this will definitely result to more attention and more traffic.
4. Write tips list and how-to guides. If the time comes that you’re running out of ideas to write (I’m sure that will happen more than once), stick with how-to or tips list type of articles. Online users love these because they empower them to do things on their own. The good news is that these are easy to write and they can give you amazing results.