Jungle party themes are one of the most fun party ideas to plan, organize and attend. Whether it is a birthday party theme, special occasion theme or a Halloween party theme, everyone enjoys being party of a jungle party.
The ideas and party decorations seem endless and easily available; let's look at a few of the possibilities that fit in with the jungle party theme that can be used.
Jungle Party Ideas
- One of my favorite things that was used at a party in the past was using some old tan rope (you can buy some new rope from a department store that will work as well), fray the ends of the rope and cut into different lengths. Hang the rope (which will mimic the vines of the jungle) from the ceiling, rain gutters on a house, swing sets or anywhere else you can think of. Get some small stuffed monkeys, a stuffed parrot and medium Tarzan and Jane blow up figurines and hang them from these vines. Instantly this creates that jungle theme feel and your guests will like the effect.
- Make a large cupcake birthday cake (they are usually 25 times larger) and decorate it to look like part of the jungle and have a small fondant monkey grabbing the sides with his arms and peaking up the edge of the cupcake so the monkeys face is looking up to the top of the cupcake. It looks like the monkey is trying to climb up the side of the cupcake. Serve this large cupcake to the older guests and have some smaller (regular size) cupcakes decorated with smaller jungle animal figurines on each one. These work out great for the youngger guests at the party and they feel special getting their own.
- Download some jungle animal sounds and put them onto a iPod or MP3 player and play them over a music system on a loop so it plays them over and over. This makes the guests feel really into the theme of the party. Also download a copy of the Tarzan Yell and place it through out the animal sounds.
- Play some jungle themed movies for the youngger guests, there are many jungle cartoon videos that will keep their interest entertained.
- Serve some Jungle Juice that is made up of equal parts of 7-UP or Sprite pop with cranberry juice. Just before serving add one frozen pink lemonade juice and mix together. Add tropical fruit such as bananas, pineapple, kiwi and mixed berries, everyone likes Jungle juice!
- Put "caution" or "do not enter" tape in certain areas with signs warning of wild beasts and animals seen roaming in these areas.
- Add a safari tour around the house and yard, to make it interesting print off pictures of various animals and hide them in the bushhes, plants and behind fences. See if the guests can find them for prizes, make sure to give hints through the tour as to what animal they should be looking for.
Jungle Party Decorations
- Let's face it; everyone likes to hit a pinata. There are pinatas in the shape of a monkey, parrot, tropical palm tree, pineapple and more. If swinging a stick is not an option then opt for the pull string pinatas.
- Jungle party costume, it does not matter if you are having a general party or a birthday party. The addition of a couple costumes really sets the theme and mood in action. Birthday costumes are becoming a real popular item, the birthday person gets a costume that fits the theme and then also wears it for Halloween of the same year. It makes it a double whammy plus the theme is celebrated all year. Have one of the hosts dress up as a Safari Guide with the desert hat and make sure they are armed with a toy hand gun or rifle to protect the guests. The guide can really have a lot of fun with the guests around this theme.
- Removable wall decals are also becoming very popular for parties all alike. After the party they can easily be removed and put up in a kid's room for the year. Change it up each year which makes the look and feel for the kid's room very special.
- Jungle party kits make contain everything like the plates, cups, utensils and napkins all in one easy package. They are very affordable and make the dreaded clean up time a breeze! Some of them may also contain table or party favors as well, be sure to check them out.
- Clump your inside green plants together in corners of the room to play the whole jungle plant theme. This just helps make the party rooms feel more like the jungle, add a rubber snake or two in them to complete the look.
- Add some maps of Africa and the Rainforests so the guests can have a look at these countries we usually do not talk about a lot. Point out some of the more popular animals found in the jungle and safari showing your guests where the animals call home.
These are just some ideas and suggestions that you can use in your very own jungle party, there are numerous jungle party supplies available for this theme. So do not be afraid to go jungle wild and enjoy planning this event!