Hair removal is an annoying task and with so many options to choose from, the task becomes even more difficult. This article sheds light on 3 latest methods of hair removal and discusses their pros and cons in detail, so that you can make an informed decision.
Laser epilation – Pros and Cons
Laser epilation or laser hair removal involves the use of a laser beam to remove unwanted hair from a person's body. It's considered to be one of the most effective ways for permanent hair removal. You must be aware of the various advantages and disadvantages of laser hair removal:
– Laser hair removal is long lasting. It brings about a permanent reduction in hair growth
– The hair that re-grows is of lighter color and has a thinner texture
If performed by professional experts, this procedure is very safe
It is generally used on larger areas of the body that have more hair such as the chest, back, arms or legs.
– The right kind of laser hair removal ensures that your skin remains silky smooth over a long period of time
– Many time, people use laser hair removal for the correction of a uni-brow
– There is no clinical proof available that proves beyond any doubt that laser offers permanent removal.
– Experts believe that the safety profile of laser hair removal is exaggerated.
– The procedure is not effective on red, gray or blonde hair.
Extra care should be taken by people who have a darker skin tone
People who have undergone laser hair removal have suffered from skin discolouration, abrasions and even burns
– This procedure is one of the most expensive procedures going around
There are people who choose photo-epilation for hair removal. It's a non-invasive, needle free treatment that has a good safety profile, if performed by professionals. Controlled flashes of light are used to destroy the hair follicle. Complete destruction of the hair follicle means that it does not give rise to new hair. In photo-epilation, an intestine beam of light is focused on the hair follicle, through a device. The hair follicle absorbs this intestine beam of light and it's the intense heat that destroys the follicle. The process is such that the nearby tissues are not affected in any way or form.
Both laser and photo-epilation use light to destroy a hair follicle but the difference lies in the fact that lasers use a specific length when it comes to light wave to get rid of body hair. On the other hand the method of photo-epilation uses a range of light waves to do its job.
Side effects – Laser and photo epilation
Before you choose laser or photo epilation for removing hair it's important that you are aware of its side effects:
– You can suffer from skin diseases
– Varicose veins can be one of the after effects of these treatment procedures
– Severe hypertension or ischemic heart disease
– Acute forms of herpes or various infections are also some side effects that you can suffer from as a result of laser or photoepilation
A convenient and safe alternative to laser or photo epilation is bioepilation. Commonly bio epilation is known as waxing. It removes hair temporarily but, is very effective and there are no major side effects associated with this procedure. Even the thinnest or coarsest of hair can be removed through bioepilation. These are the kind of hair that even a laser might find difficult to remove. The only downside of this method is that it can be quite painful at times. In a very limited number of cases, waxing can also lead to ingrown hairs.