Having a well-stocked kitchen is very important, especially since all food preparations are done in this area. However, there are times when you simply cannot get all the kitchen appliances available in the stores. For many households, getting only the essentials and the most important ones is often the alternative.
If you are one of those who would like to have a kitchen with minimal appliances but which would still be useful, below are some of the things you should put on your shopping list.
- Refrigerator. Many believe that this is the most important appliance you could buy for your kitchen. A refrigerator is the most popular and easiest way to keep food fresh, so having one in your kitchen is a must.
- Stove. Aside from the refrigerator, a stove is vital to any kitchen. After all, it is what you use to cook food. However, there are some resourceful homemakers who do without a stove. Instead, they use hot plates or other kitchen appliances that use heat.
- Blender. This small kitchen appliance is used for making smoothies and other frozen drinks, pureeing, mixing, chopping, and many more. Most blenders available in the market today have several functions and speeds that allow you to perform so much more than the older blenders.
- Toaster Oven. A good toaster oven can toast or heat just about anything. Although many still prefer the bigger ovens which can do so much more, a small toaster oven would often suffice for small functional kitchens.
- Microwave oven. We live in a time wherein microwave ovens are considered essential already, especially with the vast number of microwaveable foods available in the market. It is even more popular among the kitchens of single individuals because microwave ovens make preparing meals and reheating them so much easier.