Bed bugs are a nuisance at all costs. They interfere with your sleep. The bites cause skin irritation. Once they attack you they are extremely hard to get rid of. The process of elimination may also be very costly. The best way to avoid them is prevention.
Prevention is the cheapest way and the key to prevent the bed bugs. Bed bugs prevention can spare your family the agony of sleepless nights. You only need to know how to adhere to the following guidelines:
How do you go about Prevention?
Have you traveled out of home lately to a place that has high risk infestation of bed bugs; it is wise to take the prompt steps to keep the persistent pest off before the pests overtake you.
Before learning how to prevent them it is important to know how to detect them in case you are traveling.
• If your pillow has red marks where you lodge beware
• If you notice any black trail marks in the mattress especially when the bed is being that is a red flag
• Any sweet sickly smell from a small red insect you come across in case you crush it watch out
• Irritating bite marks like mosquito bites and yet there are no mosquitoes begin to isolate your staff from the rest in the room
If you are convinced where you were lodging was a danger zone for the bugs do not panic, stay calm but take appropriate measures to keep them off.
There are many ways of being proactive to avoid the process of declaring war on the pests. They are:
• Use hot water to wash suspicious clothes or bags used while on the journey
• Avoid putting your bugs on the floor
• Limit travel bugs to one room to minimize in case one was picked and has not been killed by using hot water to get rid of them from your paraphernalia
• Do not put the bags or clothes after travel on the beds
• Be selective on the kind of hotel or lodging you reside in
• Armed with knowledge on how to spot bed bugs try to detect them in your room
• Try to keep clothes you have carried away from the hotel bedding in case you suspect the place
Buying Home Items
Another source that can bring bed bugs home are items especially furniture particularly second hand furniture.
1. Restrict your buying of furniture to new items
2. If you must buy second thoroughly disinfect them and use hot water before mixing them up with other furniture in the home
3. Never pick a mattress that has been used however new it may look.
Have you moved to a new premise?
It is fine to move to a new home, however to keep yourself safe from tiny insects take the necessary precautions.
• Knowing that it is hard to detect the bed bugs prevention the best remedy is to be pro active. In case you notice cracked walls seal them immediately
• Identify the areas the bugs are likely to hard are hidden in places
• Use mattress covers to minimize the bed bugs from penetrating into the mattress they can live for a year without sucking your blood but eventually they will die.
Take charge of your comfort by taking all the measures available to keep the bed bugs from stressing you. Have a sound sleep and reduce the spread to others.