This model is 110 pounds heavier than its predecessor and available with 21 inch alloy wheel with titanium effect and metallic shades. Audi Q7 may face some tough competition from BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne. National base price of 2011 Audi Q7 is around $ 45, 700 which excludes destination charges.
Styles and Trim Level:
2011 Audi Q7 is a full size crossover Sports Utility vehicle which is capable of accommodating seven individuals. This sedan is available with three trim levels which include Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige trim levels.
2011 Audi Q7 Premium trim is offered with 18 inch alloy wheels, roof rails, rear parking sensors, dual zone automatic climate control, power lift gates which include programmable opening angle, automatic wipers, heated eight way power front seats with lumbar adjustment and leather upholstery . Some of the additional features offered with this sedan are split second row seats, tilt and telescopic steering column, auto dimming rear view mirrors, Audi's Multi media Interface, Bluetooth connectivity and audio system with 11 speakers, console mounted sic CD chargers, satellite radio, single CD player, I-Pod interface and satellite radio. TDI premium model is offered with additional chrome trim and 19 inch wheels.
Audi Q7 Premium Plus trim is offered with xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof, LED running lights, power folding mirrors, auto dimming rear view mirrors, driver seat with memory function, driver seat with memory function, Bose Premium audio system with DVD capability and HD radio and navigation system. This model can also be armored with Warm Weather Package which includes four zone automatic climate control, deep tint panoramic sunroof and manual sunshade for tail gate and rear doors.
2011 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige trim is added with 20 inch wheels, keyless ignition and entry, blind spot warning system, adaptive headlights, power tilt and telescopic steering column, warm weather package and ventilated front seats. Audi Q7 3.0TS line Prestige trim is added with some extra features which include 20 inch wheels, super charged V6 engine, head light washers and S line exterior trim and styles. S line accessories are also available with TDI Prestige trim as an optional feature. Some of the optional features available with Prestige trim include adaptive air suspension, adaptive cruise control, 21 inch wheels, Bang and Olufsen Sound system with 14 speakers and S Line package with special interior trim.
Some of the optional features on Audi Q7 are cold weather package, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and Towing Package.
Engine and Performance:
2011 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium and Premium Plus trim is armored with 3.0 L capacity Supercharged V6 engine and Audi Q7 3.0TS line trim is armored with more powerful engine which is capable of generating 333 HP of power and 325 lb-ft of torque. Both powertrain is mated with all wheel drive channel and eight speed automatic gear transmission.
* Base Number of Cylinders: 6
* Base Engine Size: 3 liters
* Base Engine Type: V6
* Horsepower: 272 HP
* Max Horsepower: 4750 RPM
* Torque: 295 ft-lbs.
* Max Torque: 2250 RPM
* Maximum Towing Capacity: 6600 Pounds
* Drive Type: AWD
* Turning Circle: 39.4 feet
* City: 16 MPG
* Highway: 22 MPG
* Combined: 18 MPG
Audi Q7 TDI is armored with 3.0 L capacity V6 turbocharged diesel engine which generates 225 HP of power and 405 lb-ft of power. Under test conditions this model accelerated from zero to 60 MPH in 8.6 seconds.
* City: 17 MPG
* Highway: 25 MPG
* Combined: 20 MPG
Design and Features:
Audi Q7 scores maximum marks for its interior. Dash is perfectly driver oriented which houses Multi Media Interface which is easy to use. Front seat of this sedan offers maximum head and legroom and rear seat is little cramped which can easily accommodate average individual and third seat is comfortable only for small kids. When both second and third row seats are folded then this sedan offers 72.5 cubic feet of cargo space which is sub-par when compared to its competitors.
* Wheelbase: 118.2 inch
* Length, Overall: 200.3 inch
* Width, Max without mirrors: 78.1 inch
* Height overall: 68.4 inch
* Track Width Front: 65.0 inch
* Track Width Rear: 66.0 inch
* Min Ground Clearance: 8.1 inch
* Min Ground Clearance: 9.4 inch
* Lift over Height: 32.9 inch
* Cargo Volume to Seat 1: 72.5 Cubic Feet
* Cargo Volume to Seat 2: 42.0 Cubic Feet
* Cargo Volume to Seat 3: 10.9 Cubic Feet
* Passenger Capacity: 7
* Passenger Volume: 133.2 Cubic Feet
* Front Head Room: 40.0 inch
* Front Leg Room: 41.3 inch
* Front Shoulder Room: 58.7 inch
* Second Head Room: 37.2 inch
* Second Leg Room: 37.1 inch
* Second Shoulder Room: 58.1 inch
2011 Audi Q7 is armored with some standard safety accessories which include stability control, antilock brakes, traction control, full length side curtain airbags, parking sensors and front seat side airbags. Audi Q7 is also offered with rear view camera which is available only with Premium Plus and Prestige Trim levels. All the trim levels are offered with optional second row side airbags.
Braking Distance (from 60 MPH to 0 MPH): 132 feet
In government crash test Audi Q7 received five stars for side and frontal crash protection. This vehicle has also received GOOD rating for side and frontal offset crash protection from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
* Suspension Type Front: Independent with Adaptive Air
* Suspension Type Rear: Independent with Adaptive Air
* Brake Type: Power
* Brake ABS System: 4 Wheel
* Front Brake Rotor Diameter: 13.8 x 1.34 Inch
* Rear Brake Rotor Diameter: 13.0 x 1.10 Inch
* Front Tire Size: 255 / 55R18
* Rear Tire Size: 255/55 R 18
* Spare Tire Size Compact
* Front Wheel Size: 18 x 8.0 inch
* Rear Wheel Size: 18 x 8.0 inch
* Spare Wheel Size: Compact inch
* Front Wheel Material: Aluminum
* Rear Wheel Material: Aluminum
* Spare Wheel Material: Steel
* Steering Type: Power Rack and Pinion
* Steering Ratio Overall: 16.5: 1
2011 Audi Q7
Available with diesel variant
Top safety scores
Well crafted interior
Limited cargo space
Lacks DVD entertainment system
Cramped third row seats.