Space is never enough even when you have a lot to spare. No matter how small or unusual a room is, an open and creative mind will always see unused space changed from perfect to poky. The experts tell us how.
Solid Wood Furniture Extra Space Using Tips
Wood furniture types that serve multiple purposes are everything and the new trend. Find a table that can work as a dining table and as a work desk, purchase a sofa that can be doubled as a guest bed or can also serve the purpose of a coffee table and bonus seats when a guest comes over.
If your room feels messy, put your empty walls to use. They are good for more than just hanging inspirational wall hangings, you know!
- Built-In Shelves – Built-in shelves or wall shelves are perfect for creating storage without any space away from the room.
- Bar Racks – Kitchen cabinets are overflowing with pans and pots? Adding some barracks to your wall will make more storage space as well as quirky kitchen display.
- Corner Shelves – Often left ignored to collect piles of dust, an empty corner shelf is a great way for additional shelving. Add some life to your oak living room furniture sets by adding some beautiful decoration items of the corner shelves.
Nothing makes a small space look smaller and more clustered – than being able to see everything. So consider all the covering methods available to you. Curtains and other fabric are great and easy to hang across doorways and over shelving. Invest in baskets and lidded boxes that you like the look of to hide loose matters is a great idea. Furniture with hidden storage, built-in is worth the investment.
OK – are you sick of hearing this? But to be honest, this is one of the best tips so far to maximise that space in your home. There are a lot of things in your house which need to be replaced or are just taking extra space in the store. We have posted about it tons of times, and indeed, there are plenty of tips to try out. But the most important advice is to have the ability to let go of stuff. Instead of holding to every object you own, it’s better to consider replacing it. Ask yourself “Do I need this?”
Hide Your Storage
It’s not necessary that all the items you are storing should be displayed. Wood furniture is an excellent piece for hiding things – you can help to protect baskets, shelves and the like for a clean look that still boosts storage.
- Under The Bed – Its time to drain the dust bunnies and take benefit of the space under your bed. Under-bed storage is a smart way to keep your bedroom organised and tidy.
- Open Shelves – change your bed base for open shelves. This creates piles of storage space and doubles as a cute shelf for your favourite books and houseplants.
- Rolling Drawers – Sensible, right? Just grab yourself some old drawers or caster wheels from a local hardware shop, and you have got yourself some roller under-bed storage.
Home décor requires a lot of diversity and creativity to play around with styles and space to understand that best of your furniture. You need to experiment continually to achieve the ideal results. Do you have any kind space creating ideas, feel free to share them with us?