Pebble Tiles are decorative tiles made of natural pebbles which are usually being manually sorted from rivers and beaches, then being laid together and glued onto a fixed size mesh backing in order to create a totally seamless tile effect.
These tiles can be easily used for various interior and exterior decorations and remodeling purposes including: bathrooms, showers, kitchens, countertops, patios, flooring and walls. No doubt that these natural stone tiles are definitely becoming more and more popular these days due to the fact that they open various remodeling opportunities while no special technical background is required for installation.
As mentioned earlier, installing these pebble tiles whether in the inside or the outside requires no special skills or special materials. Equip yourself with elementary tools such as: scissors, grout, sponge, thinset mortar, trowel, grout float, sealer and paint brush. You basically need to brush a sealer over the stones before you begin on tiling, later use the trowel to apply thinset over the relevant surface and apply the stone tiles next to each other, in the last step you need to fill the space between the stones by using grout, after it dries use a wet sponge to clean the excess grout off the surface of the pebbles.
There are various benefits for using these tiles to redecorate your home or even in the office. Here are some of these advantages:
– They fit almost any room setting on almost any possible surface.
– Impervious to water when used for kitchen / bathroom backsplashes, countertops or shower floor.
– They provide luxurious look and feel while they are considered relatively cheap.
If you plan on redecorating by using pebble tiles, here are some valuable tips that can help you:
– Get a sample of the desired tile color / shape for color matching.
– Take the exact measures of the surface you are about to cover before making an order.
– Make sure you use high quality grout and sealer.
Pebble tiles provide countless decorative opportunities for both the interior and exterior due to the fact that they come in various shades, colors and sizes; they are easy to be installed and relatively not expensive as compared with other available alternatives.