Sure, a guy's penis has been with him ever since he was born – but how well does the average Joe really know his favorite personal appendage? And since he learned a lot of his information "on the street," so to speak, how much of that information is maybe not 100% true? In the interests of better penal health and an informed penis-owning population, the following penal facts are presented for reader edification.
– A guy can not really break his penis . Although one often hears talk of a dude having a sexual encounter that goes devastatingly wrong, it's technically impossible to fracture or break the penal. That's because the penal does not actually have a bone inside it – despite the nickname boner being applied to a stiff erection. When a man does have what is called a penile fraction, it refers to a tear occurring in the tunica albuginea, the membrane surrounding the soft, spongy tissue in the penis.
– The penis does a lot of ejaculating. One source estimates that the average man ejaculates 7,200 times during his lifespan. (assuming an active sex life of 50 years, that's 144 times per year.) Approximately 2,000 of those ejaculations occurred during masturbation; whether that surprises an individual depends upon his own rate of masturbation, of course.
– And it ejaculates at an impressive speed. According to one measurement, the average rate of speed of an ejaculation is 28 miles per hour.
– More grow, fewer show. Most men tend to be growers – having a penis which is reliably small when flaccid and grows substantially when erect – than showers – men whose flaccid length is much closer to their erect length. One survey puts the figure at 79% growers, 21% showers.
– Erections do not wait for birth to begin. Thanks to advances in technology, we now know that little boy fetuses get just as excited as their adult counterparts. Males begin sprouting erections in the womb sometime around the third trimester.
– Nighttime is the right time for erections. On average, a man will get erect 11 times during the course of the day – however, 9 of those occur at night, many of them while he is sleeping.
– A guy's penis is longer than he thinks it is. Really. Men (and some women) obsess about penis size, so maybe it will make a guy feel better to realize his manhood is actually much longer than he thinks. About half of the penis is inside a man's body. No, it may not be visible, but it's there.
– Men were encouraged to eat cornflakes to stop masturbating . Through history, there have been some people who inordinarily feared the supposed consequences of masturbation. John Harvey Kellogg (of the popular cereal company) believed that his cornflakes could help dampen the sexual impulses that could lead to masturbation (as well as inappropriate fornication). However, there are plenty of dedicated cornflake fans who could testify to the fact that this plan simply did not work.
– The penis shape helps prevent impregnation by another man. Many scientists believe that the pronounced head of the penis evolved to help a man foil his rivals. It is believed that if a man penetrated a woman who had recently been penetrated by another male, the glans could help "scoop out" semen deposited by a rival before it reached the egg.
There are other penal facts a guy can not learn on the street, including the need to pay special attention to penis health on a regular basis. To do this, regular application of a first rate penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is required. For best results, a crème should contain both L-arginine and L-carnitine .. The former is an amino acid which helps boost nitric oxide and therefore helps keep penile blood vessels open and expanded when necessary. The latter has neuroprotective properties which can help to protect penis sensation, especially when the instrument is roughly handled.