Infra-red bounce from number plates has always been an issue with CCTV Cameras. Some cameras will allow you to view number plates during daylight hours but as it gets dark and the camera infra-red switches on so the number plate appears as a white rectangular box.
A new model KS-848VR introduced by DDS (which has a resolution of 540TVL, SONY SuperHAD CCD with SONY DSP together with 8-40mm Auto-Iris Lens) will allow you to view number plates upto 25m away with head-on headlights. To view number plates with headlights on, the camera needs to be zoomed in to cover no more than 3m width. To obtain optimal results at 25m distance, the camera needs to be mounted 5m above ground level. Likewise, to obtain optimal results at say 10m distance, the camera needs to be mounted 3m above ground level.
This CCTV Camera is a 1/3″ SONY SuperHAD CCD based unit with Day & Night viewing and a Vari-focal 8-40mm lens for long range applications. For night use the camera has 8 pcs (Hi-power) and 22 pcs (standard) IR LEDs giving it a Night Vision range of ~ 70m (manufacturer claims 80m).
1/3″ SONY SuperHAD CCD with SONY DSP
* Resolution options: 420TVL and 540TVL
* 8 pcs (Hi-power) and 22 pcs (standard) Infra-red (IR) LEDs
* IR range ~70m
* Vari-focal 8mm-40mm Manual Lens, adjustable
* Vari-Focal Controls under base (Zoom & Focus)
* Read license plates with headlights ON upto 25m
* Weatherproof (for Internal & External use), IP65
* Illumination 1 Lux day, 0 Lux night
* Auto AGC, BLC
* Includes sliding sunshade
* Cable managed Bracket
* Colour: Silver