Here's how you can create a great seafood Paella in your own kitchen. Just follow David's step-by-step guide to produce a professional standard result with a minimum of fuss. He's been making and enjoying Paellas and other Mediterranean Recipes for many years and this one will tick all your boxes for: great flavors, aromas and really authentic appearance. There are a lot of ingredients – but do not be put off, It's really easy and great fun. Preparation is the key: get all your ingredients ready and laid out on a good sized work surface, after that it's a doddle.
- 4 Oz's. Chorizo - Chopped
- lb. Medium Prawns
- 2 Small Squid "Calamaris"
- 12 Oz's. Monk fish Fillet in Bite size pieces
- 12 Fresh Mussels
- 1 Small onion Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper cut into 1 "Dice
- 1/2 a Cup of peas
- 1/4 lb. of Mushrooms Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Chopped
- 2 Cups of Paella Rice
- 1 Quart of Fish and Shellfish Stock
- 12 Threads of Saffron
- 2 Lemons cut in quarters lengthwise
- 1 Bunch of Flat leaf Parsley
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A 13 "Traditional paella Pan or" Paellera "
- Cut the Chicken up into 1 "Dice.
- Cut the Squid into Bite size pieces.
- Cook the Mussels in a little water until they open (discard any that do not open).
- Take off the half shell and reserve the mussels – Add any liquid to your Stock.
- Leave the Shells on Eight of the Prawns and shell the Rest.
- OK – Add 2-3 Tablespoons of the olive Oil to your Paella Pan.
- Now – on a high heat – fry the onions – Mushrooms and Red Pepper with the Chicken.
- Pieces and Squid – stirring frequently for about five minutes, You want them to color but not burn.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic and Chorizo- stirring for two minutes.
- Then the Rice – which you stir for a couple of minutes until it begins to turn opaque
- Add a little more Oil if it looks too dry.
- Remove from the heat and boil up the stock with the Saffron for about ten minutes.
- Now – replace the Pan on a high heat – add half the stock and give it a final stir.
- Arrange the Fish and Prawns in the liquid with the Shell on Prawns on top.
- Let the liquid reduce (do not stir it again) – and add the rest of the stock.
- Let the liquid reduce until there is almost none left and then remove from the heat.
- Arrange the Mussels around the Rim of your paellera.
- Cover the Pan with a clean cloth and leave for ten minutes or so, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Cut the Lemons in Quarters Lengthwise and arrange around the rim.
- Now – chop some parsley and sprinkle liberally on top of your Paella.
Fabulous aromas and flavors of the Mediterranean – Buen Proveche!
(c) Copyright – David T Lynn. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.