Almost every weekend we have house parties. Friends coming over for food and drinks often makes me think of offering them something new and interesting.
I used to serve packaged food most of the times but considering their ill effects on health, finally made me get into the kitchen and take things into my hands.
Being a non-vegetarian always leaves me with a lot of room to experiment with the key ingredients being Chicken or Fish. Nevertheless, the benefits of including Fish in your diet is much greater than any other form of meat. Hence, I tried using the healthiest option of them all, “Salmon”. Rich in Omega 3, a great source of protein and Vitamin B, loaded with antioxidants. This recipe was going to score an “A” in terms of health. But, to enhance the taste, the crunchier the better, so why not make a “Fish Fry”.
A Recent Discovery of a Great Appetizer is My Semolina Fish Fry! Healthy with approximately 120 calories. per serving, Serves 4 persons, Cooking Time 35-40 minutes. Quick and Easy!
1) Fish Fillets (of your choice), I have used Salmon – 5-6 Pieces
2) Semolina Flour – 1/2 cup (easily available in Super markets like Walmart)
3) Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
4) Red chili powder (Paprika) – 1/2 tsp
5) Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
6) Salt – to taste
7) Olive Oil – For shallow frying
1) Wash the Fish Fillets and remove the skin if required, make sure using soft hands while wash and rubbing if using Salmon, as the pieces are delicate and break easily.
2) In a bowl, mix a teaspoon of oil, salt, Paprika, Lemon juice and garlic paste.
Spread and rub all over the fish pieces, cover and keep it in the fridge for around 15-20 minutes.
3) Once marinated well, heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan.
On a plate spread Semolina flour.
4) Wrap up the fish fillets with the Semolina flour and shallow fry them in the pan.
5) It usually takes 5-7 minutes on a medium heat for fish to be fried from one side, turn and fry for another 5-7 minutes on the other side.
6) It may take a few extra minutes to get crispy and well cooked.
7) Once done, take them out on a plate and serve hot with a Sauce or a dip of your choice.