Have you ever wanted to see what you do after you've done it? If you do not know what I'm talking about, try to imagine yourself skydiving and then looking at the crazy risk you took to experience the ultimate high on video (granting that you're still alive, of course). How would you do it? Through cool inventions known as helmet cameras.
Helmet cameras, as the name suggests, are hands-free camcorders that you mount on your helmet so you can take the action as it happens. These are the video implements of choice for individuals who would like to tape the action as it happens. There are so many advantages of wearing helmet cameras. Here are the top seven:
1. Helmet cameras allow you to capture the action form your vantage point and share it with family and friends. If you're an extreme sports enthusiast, you get to experience the thrill all over again as you view your recent skiing, bungee jumping or snowboarding adventure with your loved ones who are too chicken to do it with you. Not everyone is as brave as you are, after all, and surviving the whole experience gives you the right to share and brag about it.
2. Helmet cams are essential for training purposes. If you're training for competition sports like surfing, motorcycling, kayaking, cycling or other athletic events, you can mount the helmet cam to see your technique so you can improve it before the actual competition. If you're in law enforcement, you can also use the camera while training to see whether you can do certain acts more efficiently.
3. Helmet cams can record the action for hours (usually 2-6 hours depending on the type and the memory card in the cam) so you can enjoy and review the action for the whole duration of the event.
4. You can use the film you've taken in a particular sport to get yourself a sponsor for your next sporting event. There are free and cheap editing software that you can use to make your videos look more professional.
5. Helmet cams also come with built-in speakers and microphones that record your voice as well as the sounds of the environment around you. This gives a total viewing experience. Some models record speed, distance and acceleration as well. Others even allow you to purchase such accessories as a GPS plug-in so you can pinpoint exactly which part of the world the video was shot. Most models also allow you to take still shots while you're doing your thing.
6. Waterproof helmet cameras are a must in scuba diving or water sports. The water was once an unconquerable world where cameras were concerned. Now, however, advanced technology has made capturing underwater action possible.
7. No one wants to anticipate bad things. But in the event of accidents, helmet cams provide valuable information on what went wrong. One can liken it to an airplane's black box before a crash, only, it provides a more comprehensive view because you can actually see what happened as opposed to only hearing what occurred.