Six pack abs diet meal plans can be the most indulging from all the diet plans. It adds two in-between snacks in a three-meal daily plan, resulting to six meals per day. The increased number of meals is done to provide more protein and minerals to the abdomen that will support muscle mass. Scientific studies also prove that more meals have better energy balance, greater fat loss, and improved body mass, power, and endurance.
An effective abs diet meal plan focuses in incorporating a handful of food types in the daily meal. These food types are known as powerfoods, and can be easily remembered by the mnemonics ABS DIET POWER.
o A – almonds and other nuts
o B – beans and legumes
o S – spinach and green vegetables
o D – dairy products that are low-fat or fat-free
o I – instant oatmeal that are unsweetened and unflavored
o E – eggs
o T – turkey and lean meats
o P – peanut butter
o O – olive oil
o W – whole-grained breads and cereals
o E – extra protein powder
o R – raspberries or any other berries
Listed below are some recipes for the abdominal diet.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 220 cal, 12g protein, 29g carbohydrates, 4g fat, 3g fiber, 118mg sodium
Number of Powerfoods: 4
Ingredients – yields 2 servings:
o 1 cup milk
o 2 tablespoons of low-fat yogurt
o 3/4 cups of oatmeal cooked in water
o 2 tablespoons peanut butter
o 2 teaspoons protein powder
o Ice cubes
This requires minimal preparation because all ingredients will only be mixed in a food processor until a smoothie-like mixture is achieved.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 569 cal, 38g protein, 65g carbohydrates, 19g fat, 10g fiber, 1,341mg sodium
Number of Powerfoods: 3
Ingredients – yields 4 servings:
o 1 pound of extra-lean ground beef
o 1/2 cup salted cracker
o 1 large onion, diced
o 1 garlic clove – minced
o 1 tablespoon of protein powder
o 16 ounces of tomato sauce
o 4 rolls of whole-wheat hoagie
o 1/2 cups of low-fat cheese, shredded
1. Place the ground beef, crackers, onion, garlic, and protein powder in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Make meatballs from a spoonful of the mixture.
3. Cook over medium heat until the browned. Drain the excess oil and fat, and add the tomato sauce.
4. Scoop out some portion of the bread from the roll to make trenches. Place some meatballs with sauce in each trench, and sprinkle with cheese. Cover it with the other half of the bread roll.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 399 cal, 31g protein, 46g carbohydrates, 11g fat, 6g fiber, 900mg sodium
Number of Powerfoods: 5
Ingredients – yields 1 serving:
o 1 whole egg
o 3 egg whites
o 1 teaspoon of protein powder
o 2 slices of whole-wheat bread
o 1 slice of bacon
o 1 tomato or green bell pepper, sliced
1. Place the whole egg and egg whites in a bowl and pour the protein powder. Mix until fully scrambled.
2. Spray some olive oil in the pan and fry the egg.
3. Toast the bread and put in the fried egg.
4. Top with bacon, tomato, bell pepper, or with other garnishing.
Six pack abs diet meal plans are not as strict as other diets. They can be substituted and mixed in any way as long as the powerfoods will be kept in the plan. Combining one powerfood with the other can yield vast amount of recipes to keep a person full. They can also be as simple as green vegetables dipped in a non-fat dairy product.