Giving your pet something that they will like is the greatest thing you can do as a pet owner. One thing that you can give is a peanut butter dog treat. Dogs love peanut butter. Here are a few peanut butter dog treat recipes that are top on our list:
1. Safflower dog beats – Who would think that by adding safflower to a recipe that you would have a winner? But there are many health benefits to be had by your dog if you just give it a try. The ingredients you need for these are:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Additional flour for rolling
Preheat oven to 400 ° F. You need to mix all of the following ingredients into a big bowl: Water, Oil, Eggs, Pea nut Butter, and Vanilla. Use a wire whisk to stir. Slowly add the flour, cornmeal, and oats. Take one-third of the dough and place on a floured surface. Some flower to the top of the dough. Gently knead it. You can add the additional flour as you need it. Roll out to 1/2 – 3/4 inch thickness and then you will want to cut it into shapes using dog cookie cutters that you bought. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave in the oven for and additional 20 minutes after turning off the oven.
2. Gourmet Lollipop for Dogs – Having a lollipop is fun, even for dogs. That is why with this peanut butter recipe, you can really give your dog a great treat. The ingredients you are going to use for this are:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (natural is best)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- 1 tbsp. carob chips (optional)
- Compressed rawhide or bully sticks
Stir all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until the ingredients are warm. Stir after each 30 seconds in the microwave. Spray the lollipop molds with cooking spray. Scoop the peanut butter into the molds that you have created. If it is still thick then press the mixture into the molds. Fill each mold 3/4 full. Let them sit for 5 minutes. Press the rawhide sticks into the peanut butter. You need to make sure the stick is placed in the middle, with the top being covered. Refrigerate overnight.
The above recipes will give your dog a tasty treat that is suitable for a healthy snack.