If you're like a lot of people and endless hours at the gym or calisthenics just do not appeal to you then do not fret, you can still shed those unwanted pounds off easily, naturally and effectively.
Walking is the new jogging; walking actually directly burns more body fat than jogging. While jogging is an effective calorie burner, walking works away at your body fat more efficiently. The great thing about walking is that most of us do it anyway!
Walking is easy to do, you do not need any fancy equipment or expensive gimmicks in fact all you need is a comfortable pair of walking shoes or sneakers. Unlike jogging, you can do it longer; This is the key to better fat burning. The longer and more consistently you do a physical activity, the more fat you can burn. Almost anyone can walk to lose weight, even if you're overweight or unfit, walking is a great way to improve your fitness.
Vary your walking by taking your dog with you for a walk or walking with friends. Even a few hours of window shopping will do wonders for you. Walking is such a natural way of burning away fat you can do it for life if you make it a habit. Do not park your car near to where you're going, make it a habit to park in a space that is the farthest away, try to walk to work if that is feasible, go for a nice walk on your lunch break, not only will you shed some unwanted weight, but it's a great way to refresh yourself and relieve stress. Using the stairs instead of the elevator is an excellent fat burning exercise and thigh toner.
The benefits of walking are endless:
• It helps you directly burn body fat and calories
• It can help you keep unwanted weight off
• Walking boosts your metabolism
• It strengthens your bones and helps prevent osteoporosis
• Walking improvements your circulation and benefits your cardiovascular system
• It makes you feel energized
• It lowers blood pressure
• It's a great stress reliever
• It can help prevent and control diabetes
• It can help prevent insomnia and help improve your sleep
• It's a great leg and thigh toner
• Best of all it's free and you can do it almost anywhere!
So what are you waiting for? Get those walking shoes on and walk the walk, you've nothing to lose and everything to gain!