Most people do not think twice about the materials used on their staircase, but the reality of the situation is that this can play a big role in altering the appearance of your home or business. The balustrade is the name given to the small, often rounded pillars situated around balconies or down the length of a staircase to hold up handrails and walls. Often, these pillars are constructed out of timber, stone or metal, but one trend that is beginning to rise in popularity is the wire balustrade.In recent times, wire balustrade is being highly accepted.
There are a number of reasons that have led to the increase in popularity of wire balustrade for residential and commercial staircases, some of them including:
- Wire gives a more modern appearance to the staircase and balcony than materials like timber and stone do. This allows home and business owners to extend the modern look of their property all the way through.
- Wire balustrade is extremely versatile, meaning that it can be bent easily into your desired shape and bent back if needed in the future. This makes repairs and adjustments extremely easy.
- Wire is not as expensive as the other materials often used to construct the balustrade, meaning that it is much more affordable for people who have forked out hundreds on the staircase or balcony itself.
- Wire is actually far sturdier than people give it credit for, meaning that it won’t easily give way beneath the weight of a child or even an adult that may be leaning on it.
- Wire balustrade is extremely resistant to corrosion, making it perfectly suited to outdoor applications, as well as indoor ones. This will ensure that your staircase or balcony always looks its best.
- Wire can be used in conjunction with a number of other materials in order to achieve different looks within your property. It is often coupled with metal or glass, but can also be used with timber and stone.
When it comes time to choose the balustrade for your next staircase or balcony project, you should consider whether wire is appropriate for your needs and the space’s application. It can be used both inside and outside and is an extremely strong and durable material that can vastly improve the appearance of any property, be it residential or commercial. Don’t disregard a wire balustrade before trying it out for yourself – you may just find that you love it.