With so many design options for your walls, the decision to wallpaper might be hard to make. Here are the top ten reasons to use wallpaper in your home:
1. Patterns give character to your room and make it much more interesting. By their very nature, patterns catch people’s attention and invite them to look closer.
2. Wallpaper gives a high-end, sophisticated attitude to your room — even if you only wallpaper one wall, or part of a wall.
3. A wallpapered wall suggests a sense of permanence and establishment. It tells anyone who sees your space that you are confident making decisions and know what you like.
4. Wallpaper truly brings a room together. If you coordinate with the furniture, floors, and other design themes, your pattern will unify the space.
5. It will add punch to a room (or wall) and separate it from the other rooms in your house. Especially in apartments, it is very important to make each room its own distinct space — it will feel much bigger, more functional, and relaxing.
6. It will make your living space feel (and be) more your own. As wallpaper is not as common as paint colors, you will most likely not see your pattern anywhere else throughout the course of your day. When you return home, it will feel like your private sanctuary– which it is.
7. Wallpaper can solve design problems. If a space is too small, get some tromp l’oeil wallpaper that make your eye extend beyond the enclosed space. If your ceiling is too high, wallpaper it and it will feel lower.
8. In general, wallpaper increases the “cozy” factor of a room. Regardless of style, wallpapering walls is like putting on a light sweater: comforting.
9. Wallpaper sets mood. No other design choice can so greatly influence the tone of a room; your walls are your largest canvas.
10. Wallpaper will not only make your room more interesting– it will make you more interesting as well! Just watch: all of your guests will inevitably ask about where you found the paper and how you hung it. As they rave about your decision, you will not only enjoy the easy conversation starter but also feel the deeper satisfaction that comes with quality home improvement and personal design expression.