One of the most important finishing touches you need to decide on when you are building your own home is the type of flooring to be used. There are many different options available when it comes to choosing the material you want for your home’s flooring and one of the best floors you could have is a wide plank floor.
If you are deciding on which type of floor to install in your home, you might want to consider the 8 reasons of using wide plank floor listed below.
1. Aesthetically pleasing. Charm, warmth, comfort, elegance – these are just some of the words that would pop up in one’s mind when it comes to wide plank floor. Floors that use wide planks give off an air of subdued charm and elegance. Aside from that, walking on these wooden floors is very comfortable on the feet.
2. Durable and lasts longer. Wooden floors do not look worn out as time passes unlike with other types of flooring. Instead, they continue to look beautiful and timeless. Also, wooden floors that use wider planks are known to be very tough and durable so you are assured that your flooring will last for a very long time.
3. Easy to install. Wooden floors that use wide planks are among the most common do-it-yourself type of flooring. Many homeowners have installed their own wide plank floor in their houses because they are very easy to install. The wider the plank, the fewer the number of planks needs to cover the floor (and therefore the shorter the amount of time needed to complete the project). Makes sense, right?
4. Easy to clean. One of the best things about wide plank flooring is that they are easy to clean. It is very easy to remove dust and dirt even without the use of toxic products. Dirt tends to build up in the grooves in between the planks. Using wider planks means that there are much fewer grooves available for the dirt to accumulate in.
5. Healthier. Unlike other types of floors, wood floors do not contain allergens and in fact, it helps to limit the usual allergens that can be found in one’s home like dust and animal fluff, allowing you to have a healthier living space.
6. Wide choices. Most stores have a wide selection of wood plank floor. You could choose from many different types of wood and many different shades of wood that would suit your taste. This gives you a lot of versatility when it comes to designing your home.
7. Higher value. Houses that have a wood plank floor are often valued higher than houses that use other types of flooring. Using wooden floors not only gives you all the above benefits, it can also be an excellent investment if you plan to sell your house in the future.
8. Easier to sell. Aside from giving your house a higher market value, wooden floors also make your house easier to sell. Since it makes your house look timeless and beautiful, many house buyers are easily charmed by houses with wood plank floor.
With the eight reasons discussed, it’s easy to see why having a wide plank floor is becoming so popular among today’s homeowners. Not just in terms of new home construction, but also for those wanting to get the maximum benefits of remodelling their floors.