Having a small kitchen can be painful. It seems difficult enough just to function in such a small space, and decorating it nicely can feel like an impossibility. Have hope though, there are several excellent ways to decorate tiny kitchens. Here are five ideas to get you started:
1. New cabinet knobs and handles – Changing your cabinet knobs or handles can make a world of difference in how your kitchen looks or feels. There are a variety of themed kitchen cabinet knobs like those shown here: [http://www.stylishfinds.com/decor/5/cute-kitchen-cabinet-knobs/] – or you can go with traditional shapes, colors and styles instead.
2. Throw rugs – Throw and area rugs do not have to be large. In fact you'll find many small ones specifically designed for use in the kitchen or bathroom. Put a nice weaved rug on the floor in front of your kitchen sink or stove for instance, and you'll create a cozy decorative touch to the kitchen without sacraficing limited space.
3. Towels and hot pads – This may seem obvious to some of you, but many overlook this simple and easy decorative accent. Buy pretty towels with designs, patterns, or just colors to accent and compliment your kitchen decorating theme. Towels can easily hang on cabinet doors, stove or refrigerator handles. Round out the added decorative touch with hot pads, gloves, and divets that compliment or match the towels. Hot pads and divets can be easily hung on the wall, allowing for more decorative flair without getting in the way.
4. Stencil designs on cabinets – This is a little used yet excellent decorating technique for tiny kitchens. Paint stencil designs on the front of your cabinet doors. Stencil designs can be simple little flourishes in the corners, or large budding flowers right in the middle of the cabinet door. They can also be general shapes or other objects that fit in with your personal decorating style.
5. Ceiling fan or small chandelier – A ceiling fan or small kitchen chandelier will do wonders to improve the decor of your kitchen without taking up much needed working space. Since the room is small to begin with though, be sure to go with small chandeliers or fans so the room will not be overwhelmed. You'll find hundreds of excellent chandeliers here: